My new toy

I love curved cross hatching so I bought a set of rulers. They are the fine line continuous curve ruler set from Accents in Design. I love them because I can hold onto them and they don’t move. Here is a picture of my first attempt in using them.

Advertisements

9 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Wilma
    Mar 02, 2012 @ 16:06:43

Looks great. I to love the look of curved crosshatching. I have a quilt top I made a long long time ago on my frame right now. I am going to be using the angel wings panto on it. It was from a mystery, and I can’t even remember what group it is from.

2. Debi R.
    Mar 04, 2012 @ 10:11:15

Beautiful curved crosshatching! I bought a set of Rhonda’s curved cross hatch rulers last year. I’m not brave enough yet to use them on a client’s quilt. You asked what project we are doing? I’ve just begun longarming a Quilt of Valor charity quilt that I picked up in January @ Road to California and agreed to longarm.. You don’t have to belong to Facebook to view the picture here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3176443862864.139120.1618623867&type=1&l=8dd643bf92

• golfquilter
      Mar 04, 2012 @ 20:20:59

I liked the other rulers but decided on the ones with the handles. Maybe when I get more experience I will try others. I love looking at the video online where Karen is using Rhonda’s rulers.

• thequiltedpeppers
      Apr 29, 2012 @ 19:47:01

Debi, I am glad you picked up the quilt at Road. I work with Barbara’s group on longarming some of their quilts. I picked up 2 yesterday at our So. CA. Longarm Quilt quilt. That group is very busy and does a great job in getting quilts to our soldiers and veterans.

3. Sue
    Mar 04, 2012 @ 11:44:26

I bought DeLoa’s Boomerang ruler a while back but haven’t figured out how to use it yet. I also bought the Custom Curves book by Karen McTavish. I’ve been so busy with customer quilts that I don’t have the time to practice with this ruler – thought maybe I’d get out some paper in my spare time and try drawing the lines to get the feel for it. What I’d really like to learn is how to do the curved crosshatching around appliqued blocks – probably more difficult to figure out!

• golfquilter
      Mar 04, 2012 @ 20:23:30

Hi Sue, I will have to go look at these rulers. l love the curved cross hatching and hope to do a wholecloth soon with them. Thanks for you comments let us see your practice pieces when you get them.

4. Penny Pember
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 14:31:26

Sue what rulers did you buy for that, wow that is beautiful!!! looks like you got the hang of this one